Saturday, September 29, 2012

Printed Jeans?


This trend has been around for a couple of seasons, but is still in for Fall of 2012! Yippee!(?) It's printed jeans. I am going to be upfront here: I do not own any printed jeans. I barely own any clothing with a print because I have been too reserved in my clothing choices. I have been slowly introducing prints into my wardrobe over the last year or so, and maybe printed jeans should be next. BUT: What am I supposed to wear with them?

There are some really hideous printed jeans out there. Not all printed jeans are created equally. I prefer a print that isn't "out there." So, no bold flower prints for me! The key to wearing any printed item of clothing is to make it the focal point of your outfit. That means no other prints, please! Or at least, keep other prints muted and more reserved. Less is more here.

Here are some printed jeans that I think are really cute and what I would wear with them.

Outfit #1: Animal Print!

Rather than an obvious leopard or cheetah print, I would go for this watercolor-effect animal print. It's more subtle, but the color makes them pop. I'd pair these with a black tunic top and blazer to keep the animal print from looking cheap. I'd wear a pair of boots as well.

Express: Stella Printed Jeans








LC Lauren Conrad Boyfriend Blazer










Victoria's Secret Must-Have V-Neck





Quipid Neo-144 Boots



Outfit #2: Floral Print!

This floral print is really subtle, which I love. Floral jeans are hard to wear because depending on the colors and print, you could end up looking like you raided a 5-year-old's closet. I'd wear these jeans with a tunic, ballet flats, and a scarf with a different, contrasting pattern.

Victoria's Secret Fleece Off-Shoulder Tunic
DKNY Floral Skinny Jeans






Dana Buchman Ballet Flats











Mossimo Python Scarf
















Outfit #3: Snake Print!

These snake print jeans are really cute and sort of look plaid from a distance, which is like getting two patterns for the price of one! I'd wear this with a jewel-toned top, and heels to dress it up.

Haute Hippie Snake Print Jeans




Victoria's Secret Silk Shirt











Express Long Chain and Bead Knot Necklace




ASOS Paris Oxblood Heels














Outfit #4: Leaf Print!

I love these leaf print jeans! They are awesome! I'd wear anything with these jeans, but here is an example of an outfit that would work. I'd stick to a black color palate, but I would add a green belt at the natural waist over the sweater for a sublte pop of color.

Paige Denim Skyline Leaf-Print Jeggings
Lands' End Canvas Suede Belt

Mossimo Cowl Neck Sweater






Hailey Jeans Co. Buckled Bootie












No comments:

Post a Comment